Alpha Wildlife Summits 2023
Submission Deadlines | Presenters Instructions & Guidelines
Submissions, Presentations & Publications
Style and format for the manuscripts, and page charges ($125 CAD/page), will follow those of the Canadian Wildlife Biology & Management (cwbm.ca) journal. Click here to download CWBM Publication Guidelines.
Kindly note that to present at the Summit, authors must have a paper that has been properly reviewed and accepted and for which page charges have been paid in full before November 15, 2023.
Dates to Remember
Dec. 20, 2022
Submit one or more titles of presentations BEFORE Dec. 20th, 2022
May 31, 2023
Upon acceptation of title(s), submit manuscript(s) BEFORE May 31, 2023
Sept. 15, 2023
Acceptation/Rejection of refereed papers will be completed BEFORE Sept. 15, 2023
Sept. 30, 2023
Revision of accepted paper(s) must be finalized BEFORE Sept. 30, 2023
Oct. 31, 2023
Draft-typeset manuscripts will be sent to authors BEFORE Oct.31, 2023
Early December, 2023
The Summit will be held in early December 2023
All refereed manuscripts will be published in 2024 in a book (with ISBN registration to National Libraries) that will be free and accessible online. In addition, authors will receive a PDF for posting on their websites or scientific networks.
Subjects to Consider
All Subjects related to Wildlife Conservation & Management will be included in this summit.
- EWhat should wildlife management be in the 21st Century?
- EScientific evidence vs. opinions & beliefs
- EImpacts of lobbyists, politicians, animal rights, religions...
- EPredators - Species at risk - Invasive species - Indicator species
- EConsumptive & non-consumptive use of wildlife & their impacts
- EGenetics - Translocations - Climate changes - Pollutions
- EAnimal Welfare
- EHuman - Wildlife Conflicts
Video Summit aims to:
1. Revew past and present issues in wildlife management throughout the world;
2. Identify solutions to current concerns and problems; and
3. Pave the way for more effective wildlife management programs for the 21st Century.