Who we are
Our website address is: https://alphawildlifesummits.ca
Alpha Wildlife Research & Management created Alpha Wildlife Summits as a new Division to address the needs of wildlife researchers and managers. The objective of Alpha Wildlife Summits is to allow wildlife professionals to participate in international video symposia focused on wildlife biology and management. With this division, Alpha Wildlife Research & Management adds more versatility to its programmes, which already include a Research & Management Division, and Alpha Wildlife Publications.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Attendance Registration & Products you’ve viewed (if applicable)
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping (if applicable)
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order (if applicable)
When you fill out the Attendee Registration Form, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about summit updates, registration, and attendee access passwords, etc.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store (if applicable)
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them (you may opt out at any time)
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders (if applicable).
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 2 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Attendee Registration / Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help keep track of attendees and if applicable, fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide summit services to you.
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.